Monday 27 February 2012

Other Facebook Responses : Growing Younger

These images can be clicked on to view the full stories from previous posts on this blog. I have Included some comments made on this evidence from my Facebook group. Below that are a few questions I asked via my Facebook status and Facebook group:





"paedofile heaven...."
"n my view this is totally disgusting and exploitation."
"She looks good and all kids like to dress up in 'mummies clothes and make up' so I am not against kids wearing make up occasionally. However they seem to be using children as models these days in photos and catwalk shows. I understand the whole debate about models being stick thin - blah blah, But surely if designers are trying to sell clothes to the adult market - i.e. the ones that earn the money to buy the clothes, regardless of the age wearing them. Then they should have people in this age group advertising them."


How do you feel about these young? Elle Fanning, 13 is the face of Marc by Marc Jacobs, is this too young?
"Definitely."
"Not selling it to me, If he wants a 13 year old market thats the way to go."



"Totally agree with this article! However it is something that is to far gone and wont change."


"That has nothing to do with her age - I think it just looks ridiculous regardless!"
"he shouldn't be wearing clothes like that because they are ugly, however, she feels sexy dressed like that so that's up to her! Surely it's discrimination not to allow her in and ban her!"
"She does look 'cheap' in what she is wearing, but that is not to say that I or anyone else has the right to dictate to her what she can and cannot wear - she should be able to wear what she feels comfortable in"


At what age do you feel it is acceptable to give a child/teenager their first mobile phone?
"10/11..When you need to give them that little bit of freedom, but still be able to get in touch.."
"my little girl got hers at the age of 6"
"When they start secondary school, or even a year or so later. I got my first phone the Christmas after I started secondary school and barely used it. I certainly didn't need one before then. I used to phone my friends on their landlines. Parents should not use the excuse of 'having a mobile phone' to let their young children go off by themselves."

Images: Referenced in link given
Third Image: BBC News - Survey: Most parents concerned over child sexualisation. 2011. [ONLINE] Available at: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-13034053. [Accessed 22 February 2012].

1 comment:

  1. I think you are right about Marc Jacobs,... If they really want to use a 13 year old they should sell to 13 year old. I think 16 and up is the way to go. 16 is still young but that's an age where you really can't tell if she is 16 or 18.

    ReplyDelete