Sunday 12 February 2012

Developing a Questionnaire

I will be creating a few questionnaires to gain results which I can clearly collect, organise and analyse data received. I have decided to develop a few questionnaires to gain different typed of data:
  • Quantitative data. This is data is classed in numerical forms such as percentages and statistics. To gain this information I will be asking the genders and ages of the participants of the survey. This way I can see how fair or unfair my questionnaires results are and discover why my results are so. I will be asking a few opinions by giving a statement and seeing to what extend people agree. This will enable me to compare more easily the different attitudes towards these subject areas in statistical ratio form. This can be portrayed in graph form.
  • Qualitative data (data categorised with describing meaning, rather than statistics). To gain this type of answer I will be asking open questions to receive individuals opinions. This will enable people to have free range and may even give me insights into the topic I have not yet thought of. These opinions can then be mapped by choosing the most commonly said views and rewriting this as a majority verdict. 
When writing my questionnaire I need to make sure my questions are clear and precise. This is so that people taking the survey do not get disinterested and exit before completion. It also will ensure that my results are what I am looking for and people haven't given the wrong answer due to their confusion. When giving options for answers which need selecting I need to make sure that the options do not overlap and that their is always an option result that anyone can choose.




I will be creating my questionnaire using SurveyMonkey this is an online software tool in which you can create surveys, collect responses and analyse results.  


Image: Wufoo Blog · Holy Donkey Kong! SurveyMonkey Acquires Wufoo!. 2011. [ONLINE] Available at:http://www.wufoo.com/2011/04/25/wufoo-surveymonkey-acquisition/. [Accessed 03 March 2012].

No comments:

Post a Comment